Tuesday, August 26, 2008

PCC

On Monday after Matsumoto we went to the temple and then on to the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC).  We got there right as they opened so we could see as much as we could.  We went to most villages and participated in dancing, music, some ceremonies, and taste testing. There was so much to learn that we hope to get back on Wednesday so Iris can take some Hukelali lessons. The night show was great as well.

Music lessons in Fiji

Poi ball dancing lessons in New Zealand. It was so fun even though I hit myself right on the head with them. Iris was quite good.

Poi tasting in the village of Hawaii

Coconut shucking and milk extraction in the village of Samoa.  He also did the fire dance in the night show.
Zaida, Iris and I next to a replica of the statues at Easter Island

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW! I can't even imagine how much fun you guys are having! Have fun and be careful!

Ratchfords said...

I am so jealous!