Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hawaii - Arizona Memorial, Dole Plantation, North Shore

So we are finally in Hawaii.  It took about 6hrs to get there from Utah.  It went pretty fast granted that I'm reading "Twilight".  The following day we went to Pearl Harbor and Dole Plantation.  The Arizona Memorial was moving, about 2000 people lost their lives that day. I got a bit teary-eyed at a few portions of the tour. They needed to be giving out tissues.  We then headed of to the Dole Plantation to find out all about the Ananas Comusus, better known as the pineapple. We rode a train, had a pineapple demo, shopped, planted a pineapple, ate some pineapple and had a great time.

The next day we headed to the North Shore to get the famous Matsumoto Shave Ice.  It was good and my mom even tried it with Azuki beans (Japanese Sweet Beans) I was proud of her.


Inside the Memorial

Arizona Memorial - Pearl Harbor

Dole Plantation, we had just finished planting some pineapples. They say one person could plant as many as 10,000/day.  That seems pretty incredulous to me.

At Matsumoto Shave Ice on the North Shore

Laie Temple

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

mmm... Matsumoto's is wonderful! I miss Hawaii! I love the picture of the three of you in front of the pineapple field, you all look so pretty.