Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Olympics Live!!!

It's Olympic time.  I must say that I am an absolute fanatic when it comes to the Olympics.  I guess I'm a sentimental about the whole world getting together in competition and hearing the stories of the athletes around the world, their struggle and their triumph.  I get teary-eyed about it.  

NBC has so much Olympic coverage that I have hardly moved from the couch in fear that I would miss something.  Since the opening ceremonies that started on Friday night I have seen the following events: tennis (men and women singles), beach volleyball (men and women doubles), badminton (singles) , indoor volleyball (men and women), basketball (men), fencing (women's sabre), swimming (different events), gymnastics (men), road race (men and women), boxing, handball (women), rowing (skull, 2, 4, men and women), weightlifting (women), Judo (men), and soccer (men and women). Believe it or not I have missed some competitions including water polo, shooting, and field hockey.  There's only so much time you know ;). 

Like I mentioned before this is only possible because of online coverage.  Online I'm able to see 4 events at a time plus the 5 channels that are covering it. It's a good thing that the summer Olympics are only every 4 years. (Just saw some water polo) 

Dan understands my obsession and has been supporting me by bringing our desktop from the back to the front so it can get internet. He's also let me monopolize the laptop so I can keep up with news, results, programming, and athlete profiles (He's so great). I wished school was over so I could devote more time but I do have to go to school this week, finish my thesis and hand it in by Friday. 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

no wonder I haven't seen you lately!!!