Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I think I can...I think I can

So I'm getting closer and closer to meeting all the requirements necessary to graduate on time. Along with writing my thesis there are so many signatures that I have to collect from the dean, my professors (3), the graduate chair, and my committee professor. Making sure that my professors are there to get all the paper work signed, make sure their respective secretaries are there so they can input what the professors, graduate coordinator, dean and chair just signed is a full time job.

 After I got my thesis back from the dean (shown below) I had to go make 4 copies of it.  I thought, "Making copies, that shouldn't be hard". Boy was I wrong.  I tried and tried and couldn't make it happen. It's not like I don't have any experience. I did work in the Tanner building copy center for 2 semesters about 8 years ago.  Ok ok maybe I'm rusty collating, stappling, and printing a 1 sided to 2 sided on bond paper.  But what I was doing was not rocket science.  I finally gave up and took it to Cougar Creations.  It was done in a jiffy.  Tomorrow I will be taking my copies to the library and then bringing the final paper work to the Graduate Studies office.


Dr. Brown, the Life Sciences Dean, handing me my thesis after approving it.  (Do you see how thick that puppy is!!)

3 comments:

Kristalyn said...

Wow, Jessica! I'm so excited for you that it is getting so close! I just read your whole blog, it was so fun to see pictures and hear about how you and Dan are doing. :) Definitely not as good as talking about our lives in the QA lab while sitting at the computers planning our weddings...but it will have to do. :)
I can't wait to see how everything goes for you guys!

Kirsti said...

WOW! So many posts. Who knew you were a closet blogger. Nice job, and so cool you are finally tasting GRADUATION!!

p.s. Good Luck with the kiddos this week!

Kristi said...

I love that you got a photo of you and the dean! What an accomplishment. You are awesome.