Sunday, May 23, 2010

Catching up

It's been awhile...yes I know so I will try to catch every one up. Dan and I have been busy preparing for our baby boy. Yes, a boy. I really wanted a girl but there are other plans for our family. It took me a little while to get used to it. I still, every now and then, look at little girl's clothes. I just can't help myself. Maybe one day (cross fingers).
Dan and I have also been taking birthing classes. This has been an eye opener. At times I feel ready for the task at other times I want to back out of the whole deal all together. But that alas, it is impossible unless they can teleport him from my tummy to the bassinet. I'm going in with the goal of not having an epidural. (Every one thinks I'm crazy) I really feel it be best for me to be able to move around (they don't have walking epidurals at my hospital) to progress. I have to be committed to this other wise at the first wave of pain I will be begging for it.

I'm an info junkie and to that end I've been reading up a storm on every topic of Dan and mine pending adventure...everything from breast feeding, to baby care, baby name books, natural child birth, meditation, etc. So glad that Dan has been so helpful in giving me time to read.


Dan actually has been amazing. He's been busy converting our office to a guest bedroom/office. We've decided that it would be best to move our office to the closet. I was a little nervous about Dan's undertaking of this endeavor. I even made him hand in plans. I know I'm terrible ;)







Dan the Tool Man Colyar


The shelves have been hung but there is a few finishing touches left before we can close the book and this project. I will post pictures when its all done.


My parents came for a short visit. We took the time to go through all the clothes that my sister Iris had given me. It took quite a bit of work and I'm so glad that my mom and Dan were there to help me. We ended up with quite a loot. Iris gave us high chair, a crib, a changing table, a swing, an exersaucer, a play mat, a pack and play, a papasan, a Baby Bjorn carrier and as I mentioned before tons and tons of clothes. We have so many clothes that I don't believe that he will need any clothing for almost the 1st year. In just PJs alone we have 21 in size 0-3 months, the same number in 0-6 months. Thanks Iris... you've saved us a lot of money.



Bins and Bins of clothes from 0 to 4t


We've been a 1-car family for almost 2 years. and I'm happy to say that we have bought another car. We really love it. It is so nice not to have to arrange who's going to take the car when or ask co-workers for a ride. Plus we have A/C... we haven't A/C for nearly 3 years. We still love Buddy (Dan's Car) but it is good to have flexibility of 2 cars.



As of yesterday I was 30 weeks along...10-11 weeks to go. It's becoming more real. You'd think this giant belly and wide backside would be enough. For the most part I've had a really good pregnancy. I got about 5 episodes of morning sickness that were mild, I've been able to sleep and even with my big belly I'm still able to sleep. I do have to get up multiple times during the night to got to the restroom but I'm able to fall right back asleep.


Work is going great. My bosses has been extremely supportive and I've been given a light work duties ( no pilot plant work) so I don't feel stressed. I will be taking 6 month maternity leave and I'm looking forward to staying at home for awhile.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

I have been waiting for you to update!!! :) Can't wait to see pictures of the your little man in a few weeks.

Joie said...

Don't worry, little boys are so fun! He'll be like a little mini-Dan in so many ways(sometimes that's a good thing)

Stephanie said...

hey some of the pictures weren't working... anyway, I'm glad you aren't super uncomfortable yet, I wish I only had 5 episodes of morning sickness! I read a great book on natural childbirth that had really helpful visualization exercises, I'll have to get the name for you, it was good. You have quite the loot from Iris! That will be really helpful! Glad to hear you are doing so well. We miss you guys tons!

Unknown said...

You are welcome Jess....I am glad we were able to load you up! Love you!