Thursday, June 3, 2010

April/May Goings on


In May we celebrated my 1st Mother's Day ever. My mom, being the absolutely wonderful mom that she is herself, sent me an edible bouquet, a bear and a balloon that to this day is still floating in our kitchen. The fruit absolutely delicious... you can never go wrong with chocolate. As a bonus I didn't have to teach the CTR 4 class and actually got to attend Relief Society.


A little gift that my beautiful amazing mom sent

Since about 2-3 seasons ago General Mills has partnered with Biggest Loser to promote General Mills products including Yoplait, Muir Glen, and others and promote the "Pound for Pound Challenge". Where viewers pledge to loose weight and in turn Gen Mills their weight loss in food to local food shelters. Who can forget, I know I can't, when Bob came last year to speak to some employees about BL, and losing weight.


Hunky trainer Bob Harper at last years Gen Mills/BL event

This year we had 2 contestants come visit, Sunshine and O'neil. They are from Minnesota and won one of the challenges, a year worth of food from Gen Mills. When Sunshine walked in I didn't even recognize her. She looked absolutely Fabulous. Dan and I took the opportunity to take a pic. I was wearing my "Larabar" shirt and Sunshine commented how she loved it. Dan, the thoughtful man that he is went back to his lab and retrieved a grocery bag full.

Dan, Sunshine, O'neil, and me

Needless to say she was absolutely surprised and gave Dan a big hug. I'm was amazed how grateful she was to receive them and you can see how happy Dan is. He hasn't missed an episode in 3 seasons.

Sunshine and Dan

We've been busy getting everything ready for Mr. Magoo (the baby) including some assembling. I, being a 1st time mom, have a lot of urges to get things that are new for the baby. You know... only the best for my child kinda thing. I've been able to calm down some of those urges but have given into only 1 so far... the stroller. The reason I gave in was that 1st I only plan to have one, 2nd the following kids (if we ever get to those) will use it, 3rd it is a multi-tasker by doubling as a jogging stroller (heaven knows I need to lose some weight after the birth) and the last thing I want is to be annoyed by a stroller that is rickety and bumpy while I'm exerting myself.

Dan assembling our amazing stroller

Here is another installment of our closet being turned in to the office. Dan put the shelves up and even added trim to them. I think it looks amazing. Next step is to put all the stuff in and buy some organizational pieces (baskets, in-box, out box etc) to finish it out.



2 comments:

Kristalyn said...

HOw fun that you guys got to meet the Biggest Loser winners! I have probably seen one or two episodes ever, but it is a fun show from what i've seen. I'm so excited that you are getting ready for your little guy. YOu are going to be fantastic parents and I can't wait to see pictures. I hope the last few weeks of pregnancy are good to you! I worked at Leprino up until the day I went into labor with my first. I was moving around 20 pound boxes of frozen cheese, etc....but I think it was good 'cuz I stayed in shape? hopefully. I miss you!

Ratchfords said...

Okay, two things:
1) You make a very cute pregnant lady.
2) Bob Harper makes me swoon a little bit.