Sunday, October 5, 2008

First Week of Work

At Stephanie's request let me update all on my first week of work. In one word..."overwhelming". The first day was good, we went to the main offices and talked about all the benefits that GM has and they are many including fitness center, amazing cafeteria (sushi yeah!!!), inhouse doctor, dentist,  dermatologist, eye doctor, salon, massage, automotive service center, and daycare, personal shoppers that go to walmart and target, a bank (GM credit union), employee thrift grocery store, dry cleaning, employee club, etc. etc.  

Through out the week things got a bit more complicated including a lot a lot of training.  I was even in time to make it to the Progresso 3rd Quarter business meeting. Making soup in mass amounts is more complicated than you can imagine and I got little taste of the undertaking. By then end of the week I received my first assignment and I'm a little nervous, I even got a deadline. By the end of the month I may be going to NJ. Details to come.

Dan will be going to Seattle tomorrow.  He will be visiting the Cascadian Farm. I never knew it was actual place. He will be there for about 28hrs so no stopping at Space Needle.

3 comments:

Ratchfords said...

Cascadian Farms is very close to us! Tell him to wave to the north!

Your new job sounds awesome!

Kristalyn said...

I love reading your blog and hearing about the start of your new career! I can just imagine how awesome you are at it. You always put your whole heart into whatever project or assignment you had...General Mills definitely got two of the best employee out there when they signed up you and Dan.
So about the personal shoppers...do they just shop for work related things or will they do all of your regular shopping for you? THat's so cool! Good luck with the deadline and I can't wait to hear more about everything! :)

Stephanie said...

wow. I want to work at general mills! Those really are some amazing perks. It's like their own like city. You should feel nice and safe if a natural disaster hits while you are at work! This all sounds so cool, what an amazing experience for you guys. As much as I miss you guys I feel you close by as I walk through your old apartment ;) and once in a while I find a jessica hair floating down from the popcorn ceiling!