Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Earth's Bounty

Last week we decided to go out and explore our new home state. A coworker recommended we go to a farm and pick some apples.  Lucky enough that the farm we went to also had fall raspberries. We picked 4 pints of raspberries. Picking one raspberry at a time was a little laboring but we had fun. I was really tempted to eat and pick as a I went but we would definitely would have gotten no where. This orchard was not even 25 min from us and I bet we will be going back since by Tuesday morning they were all gone. Though it will have to wait till next weekend since Dan will be gone again to Denver this weekend to do some consumer insight on the product that he is working on. He came back yesterday from Seattle after visiting the "Cascadian Farm". He was there with his team learning about the organic business and thought that the drive up to the farm was beautiful.

The Orchard

Yummy raspberries!!!

Our loot

The biggest chicken I've seen in a while. If the Colonel was still alive he would be salivating. Look at those drumsticks.

A quaint farm house on the way to the orchard.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

It is so good to hear how you guys are doing! I hope the overwhelmingness eventually goes away as you get things figured out.

Happy Birthday to Jessica!!!

Kirsti said...

Umm..I want to go to that farm!! The berries look so yummy! Sounds like you are going to be left to hold up the fort, Dan is quite the travelin man. Sounds like life is busy so thanks for the update.

Emily Jones said...

OH MY WORD
i LOVE fresh raspberries more than almost anything i can think of right now.
LUCKY!

Stephanie said...

Very fun. It looks so beautiful there! Happy Birthday! I haven't been able to talk to you yet, but I've thought about you tons! I'm very jealous dan got to go to seattle... I miss it!

Tiffany said...

I'm so jealous! There's no place like that in NM and everyone else seems to have a place where they can pick some kind of fruit! It sounds like you guys are having fun and are busy! I hope your project is going well!

The Carters said...

Jessica! It is so fun to read about how you guys are doing. I miss our monthly chats! Glad to see you guys are well!