Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lights! Camera! Action!

Our 1st day of production was a slow whirlwind. Dan and I were so excited/nervous that we didn't sleep very well. The assistants showed up around 7:30am to start the preliminary work or laying down tarps and bringing a lot of equipment in. The camera man showed up a little after 8am and started shooting the preliminary shots. He ended up being so hilarious. Between takes he would talk in funny accent voices and sing. His "Southern Russian Hillbilly" was classic.

In demo we ripped out the mirror, the lights, the vanity, the shower, toilet and the tub surround. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be and at the end it of course looked terrible. We wrapped up around 5:30pm and we were exhausted. Tomorrow is the next shoot and we are looking forward to it and only 4 days later will be the 3rd and final shoot and we will have a beautiful and stylish master bathroom.


After the destruction

Our hunky contractor, producer on the left and the designer on right

Our bare-boned shower

Director's view

Between takes Matt, the host and Dan

The "do" and outfit
Our very crowded production room, aka our bedroom. We hosted the producer's assistant, the sound guy, the contractor, the contractor's assistant, the designer, the producer, the host, and the camera guy

Dan getting mic'ed. He could clip it, I had to tape it to my chest.

5 comments:

Joie said...

You guys look so cute. I can't wait to see you two on TV! I love your hair Jessica...I bet you always look that good when you are doing construction!

Kirsti said...

Awesome! I am so excited for your big premier. Can't wait to see you, you'll have to let us know again when it's going to air. You look amazing.

Stephanie said...

Your hair and makeup looked beautiful! I am SO stinkin excited for you guys! This is just so cool. Keep us informed.

Kristalyn said...

That is so cool that you guys get to be a part of this show! I don't think that I've ever watched it...but I will definitely watch it when you are featured, I can't wait!! Do you know yet when it will be aired? Are you allowed to post pictures of the finished product or do we have to wait for the show? This is so cooL!

Kristi said...

Your killing me! Do you have photos of the finished product yet? I can't wait to see it. I can't wait to see you guys next week!