Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving

My parents were able to fly from Florida to visit us in Minnesota for Thankgiving. In retrospect we should have visited them to get away from the cold but it was nice to show them around Minneapolis. My parents had a nice flight on the Monday before Thanksgiving and when I saw them I couldn't help but run to them and hug the life out of them.  It hadn't been too long since I've seen my mom, our Hawaii trip was only 3 months ago, but it's been since February since I've seen my Dad.  It was great to spend some time together.

My mom was excited to visit the Mall of America. With over 500 stores we broke it up over 2 days. On the 1st day we did the amusement park. That was a blast. By the 3-4 ride I was spent, I'm getting old. We also headed down to Owatanna, south of Minneapolis, to visit some snowbird couple friends of my parents that make Deltona their home during the harsh Minnesota winter.

In Owattana w/ Darlene and Dale

The boys needed a massage chair break from all the walking at the Mall of America.

The Wii experience made a stop at Mall of America and I had to show my parents what it was all about. My dad played doubles tennis w/ Dan and I. I challenged my mom to the joust and she ended up beating me. Dan then challenged her and she still beat him. A guy was standing by and he also challenged her and she still beat him.  It was pretty hilarious.

My mom kicking butt at the joust

Dad and Dan playing tennis

Roller coaster Dan


Dan volunteered to sit with this little boy since he was too short to go unchaperoned. Who's having more fun?

My mom being scared out of her mind. She closed her eyes through 95% of the ride.

Dan's beautiful brined turkey. It was so tender and delicious.

Enjoying Thanksgiving feast with my parents Harry and Zaida.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Jessica looks like a model in the roller coaster picture. She's always photogenic!

I should have been clearer on my blog... Yes, Danny you did put up the christmas lights. This year Craig did participate though and switched every third bulb to red. Go Utes! Just kidding.

Kirsti said...

I need to come and visit! Who dosen't want to ride the coaster at the Mall of America?? I heard it's been really cold there. I bet you are looking forward to coming to Utah to warm up!

Ratchfords said...

How fun! Your mom looks so young!

Kristalyn said...

I love that last picture of you and your mom on the roller coaster! Your mom looks terrified and you look so relaxed and like you're having so much fun!

MC's said...

What a great looking turkey - I mean the bird coming out of the oven!

Stephanie said...

How fun!!! I can't wait to go see you guys! oh wait I can't wait for you to come in a few days!!! (that will happen sooner.) Your dinner looked good! The mall looked so fun! I love it that your tiny mom is the Wii champion! That's so funny!
I also love Super Uncle Danny taking that boy on, and yes he looks way more excited. Your mom on the other hand.... not as excited... What a fun trip for your cute parents.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!